Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Press 4 to speak with an operator

Growing up in the late 70's, our TV was limited to PBS, ABC, NBC, CBS, and 2 UHF channels - slightly more if the rabbit ears could pick up New Hampshire channels. Looking back, it worked out fairly well, as I got to watch each and every episode of "The Brady Bunch" 137 times - enough so I could tell the plot of the episode while the opening credits were rolling. Bobby dribbling a basketball by himself in the driveway? He's gonna kiss Millicent and possibly get the mumps. And like Seinfeld, all my knowledge of classical music comes from Warner Brothers cartoons. Then, in the early 80's, we got cable - HBO Fraggle Rock, bad Atlanta Braves baseball, vanglorious cable. So I must thank you, Time Warner Cable, for making me what I am today.

Anyway, last week the Charlotte Bobcats entered into an agreement for broadcasting and stadium naming rights with TW cable. Shrewd move, I guess, for the last week of the season of an NBA also ran. I'm sure plenty of disgruntled cable customers can expect the same level of arena service getting their popcorn at halftime. It'll be tough outsourcing beer vendor jobs to India, but if anyone can do it, it can be the cable company.

And that's why I love the last game of the year played in Time Warner nee Charlotte Bobcats Arena. Let it all out, Matt Carroll. Shoot early and often, Louis Williams. I like Philly's bench to outscore the Cats' bench, but Charlotte plays more starters: Bobcats (-1, -110) and over 202 (-110).

While we're at it, another end of the year overs: Raptors/Bulls over 211 (-110) .

And Pittsburgh (-175) will put away Ottawa, because someone has to sweep in the 1st round, and this series has been one drunken mess for the Sens (sorry Mr. Heatley).

Units in play: 1
Units to win: 9.93
Result: loss
Units +/- to date: 24.02

No comments: