Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Half-dozen of the other



Are you kidding me?

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?!?

I make dozens of anonymous parlays throughout my betting career and I hit a smattering of them, and the first time I publish a parlay online and it hits at 28-1! Somebody get me an infomercial! And a really ugly jacket! Oh wait, never mind, I have the jacket already.

Since we're rolling with house money, it's time to really gamble.... 6-bet parlay style!

Let's start it off with a little Rays (+115) over Yankees action. Edwin Jackson is pitching phenomenally to start the season (2-0, 0.64 ERA, 7 hits, 10 K’s), the Yankees are having injury and batting issues right now, and Andy Pettitte probably has the HGH shakes right about now.

Now shift to the NBA. There’s a lot of lottery-bound teams playing lottery-bound teams to end the season. To you, that might mean lousy basketball, but to me, it means nice over plays… and lousy basketball. The Nets play Charlotte tonight… now, Vince Carter may decide he has some nagging injury somewhere near his ladybits, or (more likely) he’ll try to score 50 so people will mention his name near the playoffs. The same goes for Jason Richardson… chuck the ball now and save defense for November or so. I look for a high-scoring suckfest, and I take Charlotte/New Jersey Over 209 (-110). For the above reason (especially since Memphis traded their rights to play defense to the Lakers in the Pau Gasol trade), I’m also taking Memphis/Portland Over 206 (-110).

And to end this parlay fever, I’m tossing out a 3-pick special on the Dodgers tonight. I’ve been to enough Dodger games in my life (and bet on enough of them) to feel when it all comes together. Good pitching in a pitcher’s park, beautiful day, and a definite possibility of the Pittsburgh team looking around, thinking “what are we doing in Pittsburgh?”, and trying to defect. So I look for the Dodgers to win (-1.5, +110), to score first (-120) and Over 4.5 runs (-120) tonight.

Units to wager: 1
Units to win: 54.31
Result: Loss
Units +/- to date: +25.02

--Freelove

No comments: