Monday, April 21, 2008

The District



A few years ago on CBS, they had a show called, "The District", starring everyone's favorite Coach and future Mr. Incredible, Craig T. Nelson. It was about a tough-as-nails (as opposed to a tough-as-wood-epoxy) police commissioner of the District of Columbia. I don't know why I remembered this, as I probably saw about 17 seconds of it in its 4 seasons. But tonight I like the Washington squads that don't have racist mascots (unless mystical, D&D characters offend you). Plus, for some ungodly reason, I really liked "Coach" - oh Luther and Dauber, what crazy hijinks will you fall into this week?

I thought Saturday's Cavs-Wiz game was tighter than the final score indicated. Washington's shooting will be a skosh better tonight. This just smells to me like one of those games in a 7-game series where the road team steals one to make it 1-1, but then the other team will return the favor in the other barn.

And I have no basis whatsoever in this, but I think the Caps take the bus up to Philadelphia and even the series up 3-3, just to make Flyer fans sweat it out. Washington playoff hockey history is gruesome at best - what better way to treat your fans than to come back from a 3-1 deficit, then lose a multi-overtime, Bill Clement tie around the head game 7?

Part 3 has no ties to Washington; I guess there is a Utah Avenue in DC, but I suppose you could do that for any state/letter except J/number up to 49. After this weekend's whooping, how are the Rockets still favored over the Jazz? Still no Skip to my Lou, still the same ol' Tracy McGrady. Utah smells blood - they're going to slam this one early and often. This closes out my DC/Road Dog Monday parlay. If you can, grab the hoops games money line:

Washington Wizards (+105) (getting 2)

Washington Capitals (+125)

Utah Jazz (-105) (getting 1)

Units wagered: 1

Units to win: 8.00

Result: Loss

Units +/- to date: 31.79

No comments: