Monday, May 5, 2008

The Most Interesting Person in the World


This picture is from the web page for Dos Equis from their new "Interesting" campaign. It's borderline spectacular, and I can't wait for it to be played out like Bud Light's "Real Men of Genius". Stay strong, my Mexican friends.
Personally, I think the most interesting person in the NBA world is Chris Paul, more so than Bean, Bron, KG, et al. I've seen NOH do some incredible things this year, but it sounds like a lot of people picked the Spurs because they are the Spurs and they've won so many times before. Sure, and Jay Leno is the greatest comedian because he's given all those "Tonight Show" monologues. I don't see how the 2008 title will be decided because a team won in 1999 and 2003. Give me the Hornets tonight (-3, -105) to go up 2-0, and so people can ask the rest of the week "What's wrong with the Spurs?" Well, they're old and people are sick of they're act. Hey, San Antonio - you know how y'all complain and go "Who me" after every confrontation? See, NBA refs rewatch every game they do, and don't you think that just once, even if they don't see a call, will see you guys do that and figure you must have done something wrong? Or is Danny Davis doing every NBA game still?
And color me unimpressed, but I'm still not sold on the Pistons. I'm not pulling out my wallet to buy what the Magic is selling either, but they can't shoot as bad as they did on Saturday (or can they?!?), so everyone can score a little more, I won't mind - Magic/Pistons over 184 (-115).
And why not a little hardball tonight? The Reds are reeling - Cubs -106. And I don't know what's going on in Detroit - Boston -1-1/2 (+130).
Units wagered: 1
Units to win: 15.32
Result: 3 out of 4, but a loss is a loss
Units +/- to date: 25.41

No comments: